Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The BEST Tomato Soup Ever!

photo from Smittenkitchen.com
I stumble upon a lot of different recipes but very rarely do I ever say: "Oh.My.God. I must make this today!"

This recipe literally stopped me in my tracks. I am casting aside everything on my morning 'TO DO' list to make this soup!The photo alone of this glorious soup is making me hungry! 

This is Roasted Tomato Soup from Smittenkitchen.com. If you love tomatoes and you love cheese, I think it's worth your time and effort to make this soup. Not mention, it's a great way to get your daily dose of lycopene.

Of course, as a Vegan, I would make a few changes. This recipe calls for chicken or vegetable broth. I would use the vegetable broth. As for the cheddar cheese, it can replaced with a non-dairy subsitute and it will come out just as tasty. Even if you do eat animal products like cheese and milk, I would skip the real cheddar. It turns a healthy, nutrient- rich soup into something that is much too high in fat and calories. Galaxy Brand Cheddar "cheese" is really delicious and melts perfectly.

Here's the recipe:
Roasted Tomato Soup with Broiled Cheddar

I am off to the store to pick up plum tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment