Champagne taste and caviar dreams? Not THE DUKE!This recipe is for my dad, the eternal John Wayne.
Whip it up in less than five minutes for your favorite Cow Boy (or Cow Girl) and enjoy.
Cow Boy Caviar
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 3-4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Combine first six ingredients.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and add to the vegetable mix, toss to coat.
- Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips
Real honest-to-goodness grub and.... Cynfully Good......