Monday, June 27, 2011

Healthy Skincare (that won't cost a fortune)......



Most of the time I post delicious, vegan or vegetarian recipes on this site. But Cynfully Good  is for anything I find that supports a clean, healthy, cruelty-free lifestyle and will make me beautiful: inside and out. When I do discover something, I have to share it!

That being said, I found this wonderful article posted by Frank Lipman, MD. Read more about him, here:

Eleven Eleven Wellness Center

Any way, back to the skin care.

The title Dr. Lipman's article attracted me immediately:


9 Pure and Cheap Skin Care Products.

Sounds good to me!  I don't know about you, but I am obsessed with skin care. But I wasn't always.  I took my youthful glow for granted and punished with sun exposure, cigarette smoking, too much makeup!  In my thirties, I started getting serious about reversing all that damage and spent hundreds of dollars on products, without blinking an eye. Now that I am older and funds are limited; I need good skin care that doesn't cost a fortune.  I also want it to be free from chemicals, made with certified organic ingredients, and if at all possible, cruelty-free.  No testing on animals and definitely no animal products in my jar of face cream!

 Our skin tells a story. It reveals how well we do or don't take care of ourselves. If we neglect it, our skin will make us look older than our actual years.  I am always amazed at how many women pile on the makeup, yet neglect the canvas on which they apply all that paint.  You can cover up the neglect  and abuse for awhile but eventually it will begin to show.  This is why good skin care is CRUCIAL. It is never too late to start pampering your skin. And the best way is with pure, natural products.

So, here the list from the article I read this morning:

9 Pure and Cheap Skin Care Products

These are products that you can purchase on-line, at your local health-food store and at some larger department stores.

My personal favorite line of skin care and cosmetics is:

Josie Maran Cosmetics.

Her products are budget-friendly and the ingredients so pure, you can actually eat them. Talk about feeding your face! What I really love about her products is that the majority of them are cruelty-free.

If you are conscious about using genuine, cruelty-free skin care and cosmetics, look for this icon on bottles, tubes and jars:




And don't forget to protect your face with sunscreen- winter, spring, summer, fall!

You need to know one VERY important thing.  No matter how much or how little you spend on your skin care products; no amount of sunscreen, face cream or makeup is going to make a bit of difference if you don't care for your skin from the inside out.

There is no such thing as a miracle cream!

It can only enhance and preserve what you already have.

Feed your skin daily with good, healthy food:

Lean protein
Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables
Healthy oils and fats-- olive oil, nuts and seeds, avocados
Water! Water! Water!
Stay away from junk food.
Avoid processed, pre-packaged foods as much as possible.
If you drink alcohol, make sure you hydrate continuously. Alternate: one drink, one water. This method will prevent your skin from feeling like an old catcher's mitt the next morning.  (Also helps prevent hang-overs.)
Get a good night's sleep (and wash your face EVERY single night, no matter what)
And DON'T SMOKE!

When you feed your body, mind and spirit with nourishing food- that inner glow and radiance will shine on your face for all the world to see.

And that, my friends, is Cynfully Good.......

No comments:

Post a Comment