Thursday, June 9, 2011

Philly Cheese Panini


So, you want to be healthy and part of your plan is a plant-based diet. I have good news. It doesn't mean you have to sacrifice everything. In fact, you don't have to sacrifice anything.

OK, maybe just artery-clogging, fat-riddled, hormone injected meat and a few other cholesterol-laden, mucous-producing, ultra-fattening animal products like milk, cheese, and butter.

I will not apologize for being so blunt. If you continue to look at meat and other animal products the same way I do, the less and less you will crave them or want put them into your precious body.

But let's be honest, here. Sometimes, you really want something you can sink your teeth into. How much brown rice and steamed veggies can one eat?  You want something quick, easy and satisfying. Perhaps you desire a sandwich; grilled to perfection and oozing with melted cheese.

Well......here you go! I have a recipe here for a Philly Cheese Panini! This is heaven between two slices of Multi-grain bread! And not an animal product in sight!

It's made with Field Roast Spicy Chipotle "sausage" and Diaya Cheddar Cheese, roasted peppers, piled high on multi-grain bread and grilled. No one will ever guess this is 100% VEGAN!!

Vegan Philly Cheese Panini
makes one sandwich
1 Field Roast Spicy Chipotle Sausage, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup roasted peppers and /or onions
2 slices of thick-cut sandwich bread – brushed with olive oil on both sides (I like a hearty multigrain bread)
optional: spices for a pepper/onion saute
1. First I roast my veggies and prep my sausage by thinly slicing.
2. Then I arrange all my ingredients – open faced on bread and place under broiler in oven for 3 minutes.
3. Then I fold sandwich together and panini press for another 3 minutes.

Slice. Serve!

Recipe from blogs.babble.com

Cynfully Good!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. What is it about this recipe that makes it "Philly"?

    ReplyDelete