Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Have You Ever Tried Curry? Vegetable Curry Recipe


Curry............. most people either love it or they don't.  Other people just think they don't like it and therefore will never try it.

One of the things I so enjoy about being vegetarian/vegan is that I have had the opportunity to explore and taste so many different types of foods.  When I grew tired of plain old tofu with broccoli and brown rice, I yearned to spice it up a bit.  This is when I turned to ethnic foods. The possibilities are endless- Thai recipes, Middle Eastern recipes, Indian recipes...... 

There are a thousand and one PLUS meatless meals out there!!

I avoided Indian food because I knew other people who were strongly opposed to it. I formed my negative opinion without ever trying it until a few years ago.  I found myself in a little Indian restaurant in Brooklyn with friends.  We were starving after two hours of  Bikram Yoga (that's the yoga you do in a 105 degree room). After literally sweating our asses off (and releasing all those toxins and impurities) we were searching for something truly nourishing to eat.  Everyone decided on Indian food.  I was somewhat hesitant, but at the suggestion of my yoga instructor friend, Elizabeth, I ordered a light vegetable curry (not too spicy) over fragrant jasmine rice.  I was hooked. This is when I fell in love with Indian Cuisine and I have been enjoying it ever since.

Here is a delicious recipe for vegetable curry. Serve it with rice or sop it up with Chapati (Indian Bread).

I hope you give it a try. And I hope you love it as much as I do.

Vegetable Curry Recipe

 A pot of veggies simmered with warming, fat burning spices....So Cynfully Good.........

No comments:

Post a Comment