Because, sometimes, life just isn't sweet enough............
NO BAKE HERBAL ENERGY BARS
Ingredients for 12 “bars”
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons of roasted sunflower seed kernels
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup mix of chopped dried cherries and cranberries - use any dried fruit
- ½ teaspoon of powdered OWH True Cinnamon Root powder
- 1 Tbsp OWH Eleuthero Root powder,
A gentle alternative to Panax Ginseng
- 4 Tsp OWH Ashwagandha Root
Ground into powder with a blender or spice grinder
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of good quality chocolate chips
- Toast the almonds in a pan on the stove top by heating briefly until they start to turn golden. Stir frequently. Cool and chop finely.
- Line a 7” x 11” baking sheet with wax paper.
- Combine oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, fruit and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Grind Ashwaganda into a fine powder using a blender or spice grinder.
- Add Eleuthero Root and Ashwagandha to the dried mixture and stir thoroughly to distribute evenly.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave proof container and microwave on high till melted. Approximately 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Don’t burn! No microwave? Use a double boiler.
- To the melted chocolate, add the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour the melted wet mixture into the bowl of dried ingredients. Mix well while the wet ingredients are still warm. If you like to get gooey, use your hands as they are a great tool for this mixing job!
- Place the warm mixture into the baking sheet, pressing down with your still gooey hands or with the back of a large spoon.
- Firmly flatten the mix into the pan and even it out.
- Place in the refrigerator to set the mixture.
- After at least two hours, remove from refrigerator, and cut into 12 portions.
- Wrap in foil, or place in a container. These bars will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- These bars are so yummy with no false preservatives that they can melt easily on a warm day. Beware!
and so Cynfully Good............