So, you bought a head of cauliflower and have no clue what to do with it! Here is a deliciously different dish to try. Roasting the cauliflower brings out the subtle sweetness and this recipe is a nice twist on this otherwise boring, bland veggie. If you usually don't like cauliflower, you might become a huge fan when you make this way.....
- 8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head; see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese or vegan alternative
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To prepare florets from a whole head of cauliflower, remove outer leaves. Slice off the thick stem. With the head upside down and holding a knife at a 45° angle, slice into the smaller stems with a circular motion—removing a “plug” from the center of the head. Break or cut florets into the desired size.
This is so Cynfully Good............